Saturday, August 29, 2015

Can colored contacts damage your vision?


Hi. I wear airoptix colored contacts about 3x a week (max). They are Plano lenses, and I had an optometrist look at my eyes and contact lense fitting, followed by a follow-up vision which found the fit of the contacts were good. Now, I have 20/20 vision and I find that wearing contacts distorts my vision moderately in dim light. I expressed my concern and was told this is normal due to the pupil dialating in the dark. However, I find it takes 30-45 min after removing my contacts for my vision to fully return to normal. I understand some time is needed to adjust but I am concerned this maybe damaging. Maybe I am overly concerned and making this a bigger deal than what it is but safety is a priority. I love my contacts and I do take care of them very well and I never sleep in them or anything. I take them out as soon as I get home. Thank you very much and hope you have a great day.

Read more: Can colored contacts damage your vision?