Monday, July 13, 2015

Conch piercing (cartilage) feels numb/odd…what is it? An infection or alergic reaction?


I got my conch piercing a week and a half ago at a good piercing shop. It was pretty good besides the one day it hurt which was the day after i got it. But thats normal. However, for about two days my ear has started to feel odd. It felt numb, when i touched it i could feel it but it feels not right. I had a blue/ purple bruise (i think) around the stud for about a week and it is fading. However the numbness seems to get worse. I have been cleaning my ears twice daily; once with contact lenses solution(my piercer said i could use that) and a sea salt and water soultion at night for 5 mins. I have not touched the piercing a lot. The only bad thing i did was go to a lake however i wore an ear cap so not alot of water went on my ear. But some did. I am wondering what is wrong with my ear. Why does it feel numb (it doesnt hurt it just feels numb).is it an early stage of infection? Or is it an allergic reaction ( i had pierced my ear lobes twice when i was younger and got an allergic reaction from sliver and gold. I do not know what type of metal they used. If it is an allergic reaction can i change it to a silicon or titanium stud evem though it has been only a week and a half? I heard your suppose to keep the original piercing for at least four months for a conch piercing. Please Help!

Read more: Conch piercing (cartilage) feels numb/odd…what is it? An infection or alergic reaction?