Monday, February 1, 2016

Why does putting in fresh contacts burn my eyes?


I started using contacts around the beginning of January and I've come to realize that every time I put in fresh contacts (from the sealed box) that they burn my eyes. I might as well have touched habaneros with my hands and then applied the contacts, because that's how much it burns. Is it normal? My eyes tear up and burn for about a minute or so. I use acuvue oasys for astigmatism bi weeklies and this only happens when I put in new ones. The rest of the two weeks my eyes don't hurt. Does it have to do with the solution they come in? Would it be better if when I open them I completely rinse them out with my solution? Would that help? Any help is appreciated, and yes I do wash my hands and use new contact solution as specified by my optometrist.

Read more: Why does putting in fresh contacts burn my eyes?